In order to avoid conflict, I have a very hard time saying "no." My roommates could confirm this. When people want things from me or need me to do something I generally say "yes." Lately, I think this has become too much of a problem. Saying yes isn't a bad thing, but when I have a hard time telling someone no (even if they won't be mad at me) I think it is a problem.
Conflict has been on my mind a lot lately and throughout this last semester. My new goal, is to learn how to say no when it is not in the best interest for the other person or if it doesn't work out with me. Following through on this realization will be the hardest part.
Despite all the disadvantages of hating conflict, I have to admit that in relationships it works out well for the most part. I try to go with the flow and offer forgiveness willingly. One of my new favorite songs is 7 x 70 by Chris August. The lyrics are this:
I lost count of the ways you let me down
But no matter how many times you weren’t around
I’m all right now
God picked up my heart and helped me through
And shined a light on the one thing left to do
And that’s forgive you
There were many times I was let down this past semester or stuck in a hard spot. I was drained physically, emotionally, and spiritually. However, through it all I could tell God was there healing my heart and helping me through these hard times. Because of God picking me up and putting me back on my feet, I found forgiveness in my heart to offer to those who hurt me.
But no matter how many times you weren’t around
I’m all right now
God picked up my heart and helped me through
And shined a light on the one thing left to do
And that’s forgive you
There were many times I was let down this past semester or stuck in a hard spot. I was drained physically, emotionally, and spiritually. However, through it all I could tell God was there healing my heart and helping me through these hard times. Because of God picking me up and putting me back on my feet, I found forgiveness in my heart to offer to those who hurt me.
No comments:
Post a Comment