One of my main focuses this summer is to get in shape and prepare for this coming soccer season. Not only do I need to prepare physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. Ever since surgery on my right ankle, I have been pushing myself to my limits. I have never enjoyed the pain and joy that running brings as much as I do now.
I keep asking myself why? Why do I enjoy running SO much more now than I did before surgery? I think I have two answers. 1) my right ankle is not in any pain anymore, like it was before surgery 2) after having running taken away from me for 3 months, I have never been more thankful and appreciative of God giving me the ability to run - I don't want this gift he has given me to go to waste. Now, I know I am not a phenomenal runner by any means, but the ability to run in and of itself is a gift form God.
Move in day for Cornerstone is August 7 this year. This will quickly approach. My goal is to enter preseason more in shape than I ever have before. I am not sure why I have so much drive this year compared to the previous years (you would think I would have been scared enough my freshmen year to work my butt off, but I wasn't). I have the opportunity this fall to step up my game and I do not want this opportunity to pass by without me taking it.
Other than training for soccer, I am going to Florida for a week this summer to hang out with my brothers. We are all doing a duathlon together when I am down there which I am thrilled for (and a little nervous). I have multiple weddings to attend, a week of VBS of which I am leading games for, and a week of camping up at Young State Park with my WHOLE family (Ben and Anna, Daryl, Sara, Samuel, Hope, and Aliyah, Tim, my parents, and I). I. Cannot. Wait. It is rare that we get the whole family together and oh so much fun when it does happen.
I would like to be able to find time for friends and beach days and all that excitement, which I am sure I will. This summer will be fabulous :)
I keep asking myself why? Why do I enjoy running SO much more now than I did before surgery? I think I have two answers. 1) my right ankle is not in any pain anymore, like it was before surgery 2) after having running taken away from me for 3 months, I have never been more thankful and appreciative of God giving me the ability to run - I don't want this gift he has given me to go to waste. Now, I know I am not a phenomenal runner by any means, but the ability to run in and of itself is a gift form God.
Move in day for Cornerstone is August 7 this year. This will quickly approach. My goal is to enter preseason more in shape than I ever have before. I am not sure why I have so much drive this year compared to the previous years (you would think I would have been scared enough my freshmen year to work my butt off, but I wasn't). I have the opportunity this fall to step up my game and I do not want this opportunity to pass by without me taking it.
Other than training for soccer, I am going to Florida for a week this summer to hang out with my brothers. We are all doing a duathlon together when I am down there which I am thrilled for (and a little nervous). I have multiple weddings to attend, a week of VBS of which I am leading games for, and a week of camping up at Young State Park with my WHOLE family (Ben and Anna, Daryl, Sara, Samuel, Hope, and Aliyah, Tim, my parents, and I). I. Cannot. Wait. It is rare that we get the whole family together and oh so much fun when it does happen.
I would like to be able to find time for friends and beach days and all that excitement, which I am sure I will. This summer will be fabulous :)
No comments:
Post a Comment