I just wrote a long post and it all got deleted :(
I will try and sum up what I said in a much shorter post, because I need to get to bed.
These past 5 months of my life have been some of the most frustrating, stressful, and hard months I have gone through. Yet, these months have been some of the most rewarding months of my life. God has been so good and taught me so much through these tough times.
5 months ago, I had surgery on my right ankle. I have never been more broken, frustrated, and confused about my life. I felt like I lost my identity when I lost my ability to walk, run, and play soccer.
I have gone through rehab and healed quicker than anyone could have imagined. The lesson I have learned through these past 5 months is to never take anything for granted. I am thankful now, more than ever, for the ability to walk, run, and play soccer.
I run now more than ever because it allows me to spend time with God. Running also allows me time to admire the beauty of His creation. I am so thankful to God for giving me these special moments with Him.
There were many tears that were shed these past months and many days I just felt like giving up. I did not know where to turn with frustration since I couldn't go pound a soccer ball into a net, or go for a fast run and sweat off all my anger or stress. Through it all, I learned that I need to turn to God in these tough times. Soccer and running will not always be there for me, but the Lord will. He will never leave me or forsake me, and for that I am thankful.
I thank you Lord for these past 5 months I have gone through. As frustrating as they were, I have learned so much and can look back on the rehab and say that I am truly thankful to You for putting me through these trials. It is only through the fire and the pain that I am made a stronger daughter of the King.
No comments:
Post a Comment